Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Let's Smoke!


This past weekend my smoking adventures took me behind the Orange Curtain to my friends birthday BBQ in Laguna. It was a damn shame no one showed up but the people who were cooking massive amounts of food. Here is the rundown.... 8lbs Boston Butt smoked in a brand spanking new barrel smoker w/ side box. I neglected to take a picture of the smoker but the pork turned out great!

While the pork needed to smoke for 10 hours, I opted to make my famous braised baby back ribs in the oven. After just 3 hours at around 250F (no oven thermometer) they came out tender and fall off the bone delicious. I reduced the braising liquid to make sauce but I cut it with water this time. In the past I did not cut it and it reduces down to a kind of bbq sauce concentrate. Too salty to dip or brush on.

No comments: